Transitional STEM has been a challenging pathway to implement, in part because of the lack of materials.
Almy Education is pleased to be able to offer transitional STEM course materials for Illinois high schools that are in alignment with IL Transitional STEM competencies, in terms of the content and the instructional approach.
If you would like to see the table of contents and a few sample pages, please click here. At this point, the materials are not professionally designed, but they work in the classroom because of four years of development, classroom testing, and refinement.
The pages include a small sample so that you can see how active learning, conceptual understanding, and procedural fluency are all emphasized. Included are a few instructor pages illustrating how the answers and teaching notes (shown in red) are included throughout for easy reference when teaching. These materials would work well in person or remotely.
Pricing is available per high school as a one-time purchase and includes:
- Lifetime access to the materials with rights to print and copy materials for use with students
- Access to materials is based on a school, not a teacher, allowing the materials to be used year after year with multiple teachers at that high school without additional costs
- Professional development for any transitional STEM teachers in the high school during the 20-21 school year
- Access to PD recordings for teachers in the 21-22 school year and after (NOTE: additional live PD will be offered for teachers starting in the 2021 school year for a small fee to schools)
- NOW AVAILABLE! Completed competencies spreadsheet for portability submission integrating these materials and other free tasks and projects. Every KPI is met as well as the instructional emphasis of problem solving
As of September 2020, some of the activities are being edited to address a few key performance indicators required for IL transitional STEM that were not included in the materials. The first 10 activities are available and the remaining will be available in stages over the next few months, allowing schools to begin to use the materials in the 20-21 school year. However, the competencies spreadsheet we include with the purchase has activities to fill the gaps while the materials are being augmented by the authors.
IL Transitional STEM Course Materials
Please fill out this form and we will contact you directly.